Covid-19 Safety Measures at the RBAC
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day; hand sanitizer is also available.
- Please shower before swimming.
- Please refrain from spitting in the gutters during your swim.
COVID-19 Isolation Order for RBAC Participants
We are sorry to hear about the positive COVID-19 diagnosis affecting you or your family. Per the PPHD Isolation Order the return to activity at the RBAC depends on several factors.
All persons who test positive for COVID-19 or are clinically diagnosed with COVID-19 by a healthcare provider, regardless of vaccination status, previous infection, or lack of symptoms, must stay in isolation until:
- At least 5 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared (i.e. you are on Day 6), AND
- You have had no fever for at least 24 hours (without the use of medicine that reduces fevers), AND
- You currently have no symptoms or your symptoms are significantly improved and resolving, AND
- A viral diagnostic specimen collected on Day 5 or later is negative.
Persons meeting ALL of the above criteria may choose to exit isolation no earlier than Day 6.
If you are unable to test or choose not to test on Day 5, you must isolate yourself for 10 days and can leave isolation on Day 11 if you have not had a fever in at least 24 hours (without the use of medicine that reduces fevers) and symptoms are significantly improved and resolving.
If you continue to have a fever, you must continue to isolate until the fever has resolved for at least 24 hours.
You must wear a well-fitting mask around others, indoors and outdoors, until day 11 from when your symptoms first appeared (or date of a positive test if asymptomatic). Adults should preferably wear a well-fitting mask with a higher level of protection with a nose wire (such as a medical-grade surgical mask (3-ply surgical mask), KN95 or N95 respirator). Children should wear a well-fitting, non-cloth mask of multiple layers of non-woven material with a nose wire
If your child is enrolled in swim lessons or you attend water fitness classes, please email Cristina Alvarado.
If your child is a student-athlete on one of the competitive teams, please contact your coach directly.
If you have a therapy appointment, please email the Therapy Department.
These can be challenging dates and timelines to calculate. If you need help determining your return please email us with any questions.
For medical questions about COVID-19, please visit the Pasadena Public Health Department Coronavirus webpage or contact a medical professional.
Ensuring a Safe Environment
Please do not come to the Center or accompany anyone to the Center if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or COVID symptoms, if you have experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 10 days or if you are under mandatory quarantine or isolation orders:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Not due to a chronic condition:
- Sore throat
- The recent loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle/body aches
- Congestion/runny nose